Trouble shooting with installation
During installing our product, you might encounter few problems. Here are common problems and solution for the problem.
- The name of vmProduct32.dll file must not change: Sometimes, users copy the vmProduct.dll file inside Product License Viewer Folder to the Libraries folder in your MetaTrader terminal. This is not the standard installation procedure. Instead, clicking “Download vmProduct” button will download vmProduct32.dll and vmProduct64.dll file to your Product Folder. Use these two files to put in your Libraries Folder in your Meta Trader. In addition, do not change the name to something else. vmProduct32.dll file goes for MetaTrader 4 and vmProduct64.dll file goes for MetaTrader 5 only.
- Missing to allow dll import: Make sure that dll allow option is ticked in the Expert Advisor tab (Tools>>Options>>Expert Advisors) as well as the Common tab (Navigator >> Attach to Chart >> Common) when you attach the indicator to your chart. It is really a simple thing but many users miss this step.
- Anti-virus software or firewall is blocking the Product Licence Viewer – For the remedy for this problem, you have to make the Product License Viewer Folder to be exclusive from your anti-virus software. Here is the example link showing how the Avast Anti-Virus software can exclude specific folder or files (https://www.avast.com/en-gb/faq.php?article=AVKB168). Each Ant–Virus software have their own way of doing this.
- When you are not able to download vmProduct32.dll or vmProduct64.dll files for some reason: When you have the problem of downloading vmProduct32.dll, then you can simply copy and paste the vmProduct.dll file in your Trading Investment Helper folder into your library folder of your MetaTrader. After copy the vmProduct.dll file to library folder of MetaTrader folder, change the name to vmProduct32.dll. For vmProduct64.dll, you can not use vmProduct.dll file. So contact us for some help.
When you have the problem with installation, you can always contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When you contact us, it is helpful to send us the screenshot of your Expert tab. Therefore, we can see the error message. Check the screenshot below for an example.
Compatibility Issues due to Dot Net Framework version (Window 8 and Below including window 7)
Various window OS have different Dot Net Framework, sometimes this can be the only issue that the automatic installer (Trading Investment Helper) can not run in your computer. To know which Dot Net Framework is installed in your computer, you can simply use this tool, please download this Dot Net Detector. Extract them in your hard drive. There is no need for install anything since this is portable version. Just run the exe file and you will see the Dot Net Framework version in your computer. You can simply install the Dot Net Framework by clicking on the form. Please try to install Dot Net Frame work version 3.5 or 4.0 Full package.
Compatibility Issues due to Dot Net Framework (Window 10 or over)
We found that window 10 can have some issue of running our Automatic Installer. In window 10, you can try a simple steps to fix your problem:
- Navigate to the installation folder of the Automatic Installer (Trading Investment Helper).
- Locate the .exe file, right-click and open Properties.
- Under the Compatibility tab, check the box beside Run this program in compatibility mode for window 7 or window 8.